Due to some circumstances, this blog is now up for sale, for more enquires contact: Plushista@gmail.com
RealcomBiz
Pin It

Disable Hightlight Function: Protect Your Blog Content From Copy and Paste

by Unknown | Monday, January 28, 2013 | 17 Comments

To write a very constructive blog content is a very hard work, which some bloggers don't understand what it takes, all they are looking for is where to copy content for their blog, which is really a very bad act, especially when your copied content is ranking higher than your original content. I can remember when i first started blogging, it took me 10-15mins before i can actually figure out where to start my write-up, but seems to be getting easier as time goes on.


Now the major trick you can use to protect your content from copy and paste bloggers is to disable highlight function. I also shared a tutorial on how to disable right click context menu on images, which you can also use it to protect your blog images.


How To Disable Highlight Function

  • Go to your dashboard
  • Click Template > Edit HTML > Proceed
  • Use ctrl F to find </head> and paste the following code above </head>

<script type='text/javascript'>
 if (typeof document.onselectstart!=&quot;undefined&quot;) {
 document.onselectstart=new Function (&quot;return false&quot;);
}
 else{
 document.onmousedown=new Function (&quot;return false&quot;);
 document.onmouseup=new Function (&quot;return true&quot;);
}
</script> 

  • Now save your template.

Alternative

You can also add it, using this second option.
  • Go to Layout > Add a Gadget > HTML/JavaScript
  • Paste the following code in the content box leaving the title box empty.

<script language='JavaScript1.2'>
function disableselect(e){
return false
}
function reEnable(){
return true
}
document.onselectstart=new Function (&quot;return false&quot;)
if (window.sidebar){
document.onmousedown=disableselect
document.onclick=reEnable
}
</script> 

  • Click on the Save button and you are done.
With this trick, your blog content is now safe from copy and paste bloggers.
Take few seconds to share it, if it help's a bit.



Go Social:

Subscribe For Free Updates!

*Please confirm the email sent to your inbox after clicking "Sign Up!".

17 comments : Post Yours! Read Comment Policy ▼
PLEASE NOTE:
We have Zero Tolerance to Spam. Chessy Comments and Comments with Links will be deleted immediately upon our review.

  1. thank u so much i use this metod with your suggestion. nice result. good tip.
    this is my site
    http://www.googlefacebook.info/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ajay
      You are most welcome, and am glad that you found it usefull. Atleast your blog content should now be safe from copy and paste bloggers. Best of luck :)

      Delete
  2. Excellent! This is really useful. Thanks for sharing this codes and tweeted :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, your trick I use is no.2 (alternative), there is a little sorry that I edited. thank you for your tips, really helped. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You So Much! I follow the tips that you gave me and now its working! Now i can protect my content from being copied.
    This is my blog after following your advice: http://infoaday.blogspot.com/
    Thank you again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Previously I apologize, because I do not know how to speak the language Britons, but I hope you can understand what I mean :)

    Possible with java script we can protect existing articles on the blog, but what if the java script feature is not enabled on your browser?

    Moreover, if we put anti copy-paste script, typically features such as "Search engine" on the blog will be error

    Can I protect content on the blog without having to make a widget error "Search engine" in my blog?

    thanks ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post, thank you for very much.
    http://ictstudyhome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bro how to enable some specific word that i wanna share like some code or etc??
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, This is Jamuna from Chennai. I am a technology freak. I have read your blog, its really useful for me. Recently I did Java Training in Chennai at a leading Java Institutes in Chennai. This is really helpful for me to make a bright career in IT industry.



    ReplyDelete
  9. thnx but how can prevent mobiles copy pest my blog ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi Durodola Ridwan,

    i alredy done it for pc view but how can i stop copy pest on mobile

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello. First I must commend you for the beautiful piece. Tried it and it worked just that it doesn't prevent mobile viewers from copying and pasting. Would like to know what else I can do to prevent mobile viewers from copying and pasting. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How to disable copy/paste in mobile version of my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How to disable copy/paste in mobile version of my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts

Let's Connect

Site Links

Copyright © 2014 RealcomBiz. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Blogger